Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Sunday, February 4, 2018
Friday, January 5, 2018
Another year... another MaD of sorts. This year a mix of products I used and love, use and love, and plan to use and hopefully love :)
A lineup of 5 from my stash for 2018.
A lineup of 5 from my stash for 2018.
from left to right, top to bottom:
1. Too Faced Peanut Butter and Jelly Palette - Acquired March 2017 in South Beach. I've wanted it since the day it came out, but once I got it I only used it a handful of times. So here it is.
2. CHANEL SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL - Bronzing Makeup Base - I've had this sine 2012, and it has been a part of a previous MaD project. This is the last year for this beauty... and a beauty it is, but CHANEL is not cruelty free, so it's a beauty that once gone, will be gone for good.
3. Laura Mercier - Matte Radiance Baked Powder Compact - I don't remember when I got this, but I want to say at I've had it for about 2 years, and I've used it daily since that day. Many would have already used it up, but I'm not so brave with hi-light. I use this on my brow bone, inner corner, and for the last 3 months or so top of my cheeks. I love this, and just want to see my progress.
4. Estée Lauder Illuminating Powder Gelée - Limited edition item from EL's fall 2011 collection. EL is one of the big ones and not cruelty free, so I don't purchase from the brand, but I do use what I already own. Time to put a serious dent into this beauty.
5. Hourglass Lighting Blush Palette - A holiday 2015 release. Needs to look like it's used and loved.
And that's it, keeping it small this time around with only 5 products. Here is to a fantastic 2018.
Wednesday, January 3, 2018
So I never did the 6 and 9 month check in ... but I did pull my shit together for the end of the year.
Let's go back to the beginning of 2017, when I mislabeled the year on my picture, and literally just realized it as I'm typing this up (Dec. 31, 2017 6:39pm.... yeah I've got nothing better to do on New Year's Eve :))here...
and 12 months later... this is where we end...
2. Dior Blush Trianon Edition - Corail Bagatelle # 763 - I obviously have a light hand when it comes to blush, because I've used this most days and trace of the design is still visible. But I enjoy this color, easy to reach for, easy to blend, easy to wear. Come summer, this might be something I'm reaching for again.
3. DiorSkin Nude Glow Healthy Glow Summer Powder in Aurora - Hit pan in two places, and I'm having a hard time putting it back on the shelf, but there is something else that's a pan goal in 2018.
4. IT Cosmetics CC+ Aribrush Perfecting Powder - Serious pan on this one as well... maybe it will turn into an empty in 2018.
5. IT Cosmetics Hello Light Creme Illuminator - still haven't touched this... Had plans for it as a collar bone hi-light during the summer but it didn't happen. So here is to 2018.
6. Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill #6 (Khaki Pulse) - Not his year...
7. MAC Huggable Lipcolour (I'm Game) - also something I promised myself to use up and didn't.
8. Givenchy Rouge Interdit Shine in Candide Nude (No. 27) - definitely a pretty easy basic nude... that I did not reach for much in the last year.
9. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour (Sugar Frost) - yup no love for this product from LM. I put it back in the stash... but wonder if I should just part with it permanently.
10. Lancôme Le Crayon Khôl (Black Coffee) - it has become a product I use daily. I plan to continue using it for the next year as well.
Monday, January 1, 2018
Saturday, December 30, 2017
Texture: too rich for my liking... my face just felt greasy with this on
Scent: yuck... think foot cream... did not care for it
Conclusion: great name... not a great cream... and that's a personal preference.