Saturday, April 9, 2011

Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill #6 and #7

I keep my eye on Giorgio Armani beauty. It's one of the more luxurious lines, so I pace myself when it comes to acquiring items. When something comes out that catches my interest, I do a little bit or research first, pick a color, then head to the counter to judge if it's what I expected.

I was all over the web when I learned about the Eyes to Kill shadows. Nothing but great reviews… so I decided to add two. Shades number 6 and 7. Online #6 is Khaki Pulse, and #7 is Sweet Fire. But choose your color by number and not by name because they don't match. The name is the same on both of my pots... 'Noka'…. weird, it's as if it was an afterthought. They should have figured that out before launching.

Besides that, the product itself is gorgeous. The shadows come in individual glass pots and have a lid press inside to keep the product packed. The consistency is a cross between cream and powder. I use a bamboo brush to apply it, and I am so impressed by these little gems. Incredibly smooth, lightweight, blendable, with great color payoff. Giorgio Armani claims that these shades have a 24 hour wear time, without creasing or wearing off…. but on my lids they both failed the creaseless test somewhere around hour 14… still pretty good. They also claim to be waterproof and sweatproof... but do come off quite easily with makeup remover...

As you can see Khaki Pulse is a densely packed duo of colors... a deep coppery-gold, and a grayish olive...
Sweet Fire is a duo of light pink and a more burgundy-brown shades...
see what I mean about the naming convention...
The formula of these shadows is a bit of a break through... a mix of binder elements and pearls. These shadows have lovely luminosity, color depth and dimension. They can be applied wet or dry... my preference is dry... 
First picture, taken using flash...
Second picture taken without flash...
I wear these shadows alone with a bit of liner and mascara. They are stunning, and you can definitely build color intensity by layering the product or simply applying it wet... gorgeous... Currently there is no room in my budget for more of these… otherwise I'd already have them…  :)

1 comment: