Sunday, April 10, 2011

Le Métier de Beauté: True Color Eye Shadow in Fire Lily

When I ordered my dress from Neiman Marcus, I added a couple of items that I was always curious about. It was an easy decision and excuse to qualify for free shipping. Both items are by Le Métier de Beauté (a line I cannot currently find in Toronto). Strangely Neiman Marcus was unable to ship the order together and split it into 3 separate packages. I didn't mind as long as I still received my free shipping. The dress arrived first, then the second item (post about it in the future), and then the third and final, an individual shadow. Pictured below is the box that it arrived in... and sitting on top of the shipping box is the one shadow that I ordered... talk about careful packaging :) It made us both laugh but I understand it... this is luxury... they took every precaution to ensure it arrived intact... and it did...
I think Le Métier de Beauté price tag is what keeps beauty bloggers out there from blogging about it (I mean I could only justify one shadow), or maybe like me it's simply not easily accessible... This one shadow retails for $30.00 USD, but the compact is generous at 3.8g. In comparison MAC individual shadows retail for $14.50 USD for 1.5g of product... so if one is to go by amount the price tag is right in the ball park...
Still it's not that easy to find a review or a swatch for many of the shades. This little compact feels so soft and smooth to the touch, it's as if it isn't made out of plastic...
The shadow I chose is Fire Lily... I loved the name, but the color legend on Neiman Marcus website isn't very reliable when choosing a shade... It was a bit of a purchase in the dark, because I could also not find a good swatch for this color online... But I am so glad I chose it. The mini compact is mirrored, the color appears to be a sparkly, shimmery, metallic, pink-burgundy in the pan...
But then I swatched it and OMG... the more I blended it the more intense it got... and it's not so much of a burgundy... as it is iridescent intense reddish copper? a shiny brownish-orange-red?.... I cannot describe it... the color is simply awesome and so is the quality... the black mark in the picture is a marker spot for my camera to focus on... this picture taken using flash...
this picture taken without flash, during daylight
I am extremely pleased with my color choice. It's so unique, and I can honestly say, I don't have anything that comes close to it (well until now :))... eventually I'll add a few more... with only one shadow in my possession I already love this line...

3 comments:

  1. Never heard of this brand, looks lush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMdB shadows seriously have the best pigment and are the most buttery smooth of them all! It's worth it, especially if you pick up a shade(s) you know you'll reach for a lot.

    ReplyDelete