Friday, May 27, 2011

Dermalogica Precleanse

This is a pricey one, $50.50 CAD (not including taxes), but it is also one of the best. Dermalogica precleanse is meant to be used as a makeup, sunblock, and grime remover before you cleanse your skin.

Second ingredient is apricot oil, but it's not the only one. There is a whole bunch listed, like, sunflower, safflower, lavender and oils that give this product its citrusy scent, grapefruit, orange, and mandarin.

Using your hands massage this oil onto your dry face, gently rubbing over your eyes. Then wet your hands (but don't scoop the water) and continue to gently massage your face. The oil will turn milky, and lift away a day of makeup, cosmetics, and dirt. Then splash away and follow with your favorite facial cleanser.

It's expensive but I love it. Makeup and mascara are emulsified away, and it doesn't burn my eyes.... and so I think it's worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Do you find it as effective as makeup remover? Does it take off waterproof mascara?

    Also, have you used any other oil based cleansers - like the Laura Mercier one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reason I use it is to remove my makeup (my face just doesn't feel clean if I don't), but I do follow with regular cleanser and toner. I don't use waterproof mascara, so I can't say... and I've used Clarins, L'Occitane, and Boscia oils before... Boscia is right up there with Dermalogica for me. They're both great. I'll most likely alternate with my repurchases.

    ReplyDelete