Monday, January 20, 2014

Dior Blush Trianon Edition - Corail Bagatelle # 763

So even before the first calendar month of winter has passed, spring collections started to hit the shelves. I must say that part of me goes “this is so ridiculous”, but a bigger part says “Christmas is over… yay for spring!”.  And honestly I was trolling the web for sneak peaks at spring 2014 collections on Jan 2nd… so who am I to complain.

Dior hit the shelves at Holt Renfrew on Jan 15th. It was next to impossible to find any posts that weren’t stock photos of the collection. I wanted to see swatches and maybe read some first impression reviews, because I wasn’t going to go to HR personally, and I needed help making a choice.

Eventually Google search paid off and I set my sight on two items: Corail Bagatelle Blush #763 and Lip Addict Glow in Coral #004. And guess what, lip glow wasn’t available at HR, supposedly it will only be available at Sephora? and not for another 3 weeks? what????? Sephora online has it in stock already… and so one Coral is on its way to my house.
So let’s take a look at the blush. I feel as if the velt sleeve encasing the compact is softer, more luxurious than ever. I do love these sleeves and actually use them to store the compacts they contain. 
Then we have a gorgeous, glossy, Dior embossed compact itself.
Which opens to reveal one of the prettiest blushes to join my collection. The actuall product on the left and 50% of the packaging taken up by a brush on the right; mine will remain in the plastic sleeve, I have no use for it, but I don’t want to throw it out either.
The pearl and bow design on the blush is almost too pretty to disturb… almost.
The colour a gorgeous pink-coral with barely discernible gold shimmer.  (Left - heavy swatch, Right - light handed).
Finely milled, easily picked up by a brush with a gentle swipe or tap.
Blends in smoothly, for a pretty flush.
Now before I conclude that is a unique one of a kind addition to my collection, I decided to take a look at any shades that might be close to Dior's Corail... and well I think YSL's 1AA (Pink Bloom) comes very, very close.
Nars Orgasm and Benefit Coralista come off as to orange compared to Dior... and CHANEL's Blush Horizon a tad too pink. But if you miss out on Dior's Corail Bagatelle and wish you had a shade like it to play with, check out this YSL square and see if it's to your liking... although in Canada that YSL cost me $11 more than Dior.... so love at first swatch is required :)

2 comments: